1.) One thing I learned this week was things to be mindful of when creating and setting up my future classroom. We created our dream classrooms in small groups and shared about them with the entire class. It was interesting to hear what other students thought to put in theirs. Another thing I learned this week was an introduction to the Next Generation Science Standards. We explored their website and learned about the performance expectations associated with each standard. The website was easy to navigate, and it was interesting to look at the different standards for each grade. 

4.) I can apply what I have learned to my future teaching because I am likely to teach in Iowa at some point, which means I will need to understand NGSS. I want to be able to use and apply these standards effectively for the benefit of my future students. I have heard a lot of positive feedback about NGSS, and I am eager to teach it well to ensure my students have the best learning experience possible.

5.) One remaining question I have is what alternatives exist to using NGSS. I’m curious to briefly learn about what different states use as science standards, and I’d also like to understand more about the standards that were in place before NGSS. It would be interesting to see how the previous standards compare to NGSS.

 

Comments

  1. Hi Ellie,
    I agree that it would interesting to learn about the previous Iowa standards and the standards that non-NGSS states use. I agree that it is beneficial for us, as we likely will be teaching in Iowa, but I think it would be good to learn about other standards also, because a lot of students might teach in other states, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Ellie,
    I would also like to know more about the standards in place before NGSS. It would be interesting to see how they are different and similar and why they have changed. I also really like the way your classroom is set up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Sun, Earth, and the Moon

Week 10: Layers of Earth, Convection Cells, and Plate Tectonics

Week 8: Geology that kids see