- What did you learn this week?
One thing I learned this week is about the life cycles of plants and animals. We used modeling to demonstrate our knowledge on this topic. My partner and I did the life cycle of a carrot plant. I really enjoyed this activity, because it allowed us to be creative. Each group modeled a different life cycle, so we got to learn about a large variety.
- How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
I think all of the hands-on activities that we did in lab would be great to use in my future teaching. These consisted of modeling a life cycle with play dough, planting seeds, and looking at the seeds we had planted the previous week. I enjoyed getting to learn about a topic and then applying it in real life. I think this would be very beneficial for my future students.
- What are new or remaining questions?
One remaining question I have is why we planted some seeds with cotton balls and water, and others with dirt and fertilizer. I'm wondering if we will compare the growth of both environments to determine which conditions are most ideal for plan growth.


Hi Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same question about planting in a cotton ball instead of dirt. I think, however, it is interesting to see that a plant can grow without the proper soil we normally need. I also agree that hands-on activities like we did in class are a great thing for us to take into a future classroom!
Hi Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI really like your carrots, they're very cute. I agree that hands-on activities we've done in class will be beneficial for teaching in our future classrooms. I'm glad we have gotten to actually do the activities so we can see what it's like for the students, rather than just discussing what we could do in our classrooms.