1. What did you learn this week?
This week we learned about characteristics of living things. There are eight characteristics that living things are required to have. They are a cellular composition, genetics and heredity, maintain homeostasis, growth and change, movement, respond to stimuli, metabolism, and reproduction. Additionally, we learned about being able to use a claim, evidence, and reasoning to support our answers. We learned how to recognize them and use them to create our own. 

  1. Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
Yes, I was able to relate what I learned to what I already knew. I had previously learned most of this information about living things, but it was nice to have a refresher. I knew some of the characteristics, but I learned new ones as well. Overall, everything we learned built upon previous knowledge or added to it to create a deeper understanding. 

  1. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
One part that I found a little confusing was when we were discussing if an egg or a seed is a living thing. This was confusing because they have the ability to be living things if they are in the right conditions. A seed can grow into a plant and an egg can grow into a seed. We learned that seeds are in a dormant state. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1: Sun, Earth, and the Moon

Week 10: Layers of Earth, Convection Cells, and Plate Tectonics

Week 8: Geology that kids see