- Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?
I am able to relate what I learned about turtles to what I already knew. I knew that turtles had a low survival rate, but I did not know why. Learning about all the challenges they overcome to survive helps me connect this to what I previously knew. I learned that from the moment they hatch, they are on their own to survive. Their parents do not stick around to help them. There are many dangerous situations that they encounter, and they are lucky to survive them.
- How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future
I really enjoyed all the hands-on activities we did this week in lab. I can apply these to my future teaching to create a deeper understanding of these topics with my students. The fortune teller and children's book would be helpful to have students use their imagination and storytelling skills to learn about turtles. Additionally, we pollinated our plant flowers with a dead bee. Another hands-on activity we did was looking at how our butterflies are developing. This helps us understand their lifecycle.
- What are new or remaining questions?
A remaining question I have is was why we had to pollinate our flowers with the bees. I am wondering what the purpose of this was, and how it will impact the plant. I would like to learn more about the importance of bees in our environment and the role that they play.



Hi Ellie,
ReplyDeleteI also knew about turtles having a low survival rate but did not realize all the obstacles turtles faced both natural and human-caused prior to this week's lab. I also wondered about the bees, mostly because using dead bees made me feel uncomfortable. I was wondering if there was a way to use an alternative methods that doesn't use the bodies of bees.
Hi Ellie, I also want to learn more about bees and how they impact our environment. I know we have learned a little about them, but I am also wanting to learn more. I had a similar question in my blog post about how the bee could pollinate the plant since it was dried. I am hoping that we get to talk about the importance of bees and how this will effect our flowers.
ReplyDelete